Military Tribute-Art creates a unique, personalised, military-themed memento. A work of art portrait commission and presentation book researched by a military historian which celebrates the life of a loved family member or friend who served in or worked alongside. the military services.
The two highly qualified professionals principally involved in this process are Dr Mary van den Berk (BSW, M Art, PhD), a well-known Sydney-based artist who came to Art after a career in social work, and Dr Tom Lewis OAM (PhD, MA), a Darwin based, retired naval officer, and a military historian and author with 25 years of research and publishing experience.
The process of creating a specialised military-themed art-work based around the service history of an armed forces member is extensive, lengthy and painstaking. But it results in something unique and personalised to showcase your relative or friend’s history.
The final art work and accompanying presentation book are a personalised, poignant reminder and tribute to your relative or friend who served in the military.
- The military historian analyses your relative or friend’s history, through record analysis, photograph examination and consultation with you and possibly others within your group. This research forms the basis of a separate comprehensive presentation book which is compiled to present the military history of your relative or friend, complete with explanations and photographs, details on rank, battalion, medals awarded, battle locations, and the international political context of the conflict involved. The dust cover on the presentation book will have a printed image of the accompanying framed art work.
- Artist, Mary creates a personalised portrait of your relative or friend in military uniform which is hand painted in oil onto a digitally manipulated background which references their military service and history. The portrait is framed – 23 x 33cm.The artwork will include restoration of your photographs prior to painting and may include personal and military photographs, memorabilia, maps and significant objects, particularly those that reference relevant military service. This is printed on archival canvas or museum standard foam core board. Mary will work with you to determine the final content of this artwork. This can be photographic print if preferred.
1. a customised oil painted portrait (finished size 23cm wide x 33 cm high) and
2. a presentation photo book outlining the military history and including family information and photographs
The total package price is set at $750. Your order is secured when you pay a 50 percent deposit of $375.00
Additional presentation books can be ordered from momento-pro direct at a cost of $85 each for the standard model plus postage.
Framing is provided in one format: a silver/gold frame.
- In addition to the presentation table book and photographic or painted art portrait
- Photographic prints of the completed art work on archival paper can be ordered
- Larger art- works can be ordered at additional cost ie 40x50cm or large
The whole process takes around 12 weeks. At approx 4 weeks after you have placed an order you will receive research information in point form and images of the background for the portrait to make a final selection. A final draft will be sent to you prior to printing for any additional comments or amendments
Please complete the enquiries/orders form to proceed